Wow, I can’t believe that 2017 is officially over and now we are in 2018! Like the year flew by! 2017 was interesting. It was what I think as a placeholder year. Like gather your self together and get ready for the fabulousness that is 2018. I’m seriously ready for that!
But lately I have been thinking about all the things I had to endure the past 2 years and all I can say is I am so proud of myself for overcoming all of it. From graduating college with my degree to dealing with a horrible break up to a bad car accident to landing a job with Disney, I went through a real emotional roller coaster. At times the bad things that happened to me I didn’t want them to happen. They caused too much pain but I realized they were all necessary to get to this I’m at.
I’m ready to let go of all the insecurities and the stress. It is my time to get my glow up and focus on me. I truly believe this is my year.
I’m hoping that all who read this has a great year. May 2018 be everything you ever wanted. May it test you with trials, grant you happiness, bring you peace, find you love, and take you on dating adventures. This year is for all of us. This year we slay!
Happy New Year, loves!
I figured I have been doing this blog for a while now and felt it was time for a reintroduction. This will serve to inform you all a little more about me and the reasons for creating this blog. Hope y’all won’t get too bored of me!
Hello there! I am Tiarah. I started this blog because I wanted to have a written form of communication to express my voice with others. I love connecting with others and thought why not start a blog.
Instead of doing a long paragraph about me, I will just do bullet points of facts about me and all that fun stuff. So, let’s get started!
- I graduated from CSU Channel Islands May 2016 with a BA in Studio Art, an Emphasis in Time Based Media (which means photography, illustration, and animation).
- I am the oldest of three girls and the shortest person in my house.
- I am a huge theme park junkie and have had an annual pass to Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood for the past 13 years.
- I am currently a Disney Cast Member being a Photopass Photographer (like I really get paid to create and capture magical moments for guests!)
- I love drawing and have been drawing since I was about 3 years old. I would love to create my own children’s graphic novel someday.
- My camera is attached to my hip. If I can bring it, I will. Looking through my lens brings me the greatest joy.
- Books! I am a bookworm and love spending my days reading. When I was younger and had time, I would read two books in a day!
- I have been to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando once back in December of 2015 and am dying to go back.
- I have a Stitch obsession. Seeing him makes me the happiest. This is also the same for Marie.
- I am Muslim, religion is Islam. I don’t talk about it much because of recent backlash but I love God and respect others lifestyles as I expect the same.
- My favorite colors are green and aqua/turquoise.
- Finn from Star Wars is my bae and I have so much stuff with him! LOL
- I am also a YouTuber and create videos weekly (or I try my best to).
- I don’t like scary movies and hate being scared. So if you are looking for someone to go to Halloween Horror Nights with you, I am not your gal. Also, I hate clowns so let’s not talk about It, okay?
- I always have a smile on my face and am usually in a very happy mood.
- The beach is one of my favorite places. I really hate leaving it.
- I have never been to Hawaii but have wanted to go since I was 8 when Lilo and Stitch came out.
- I have crazy wanderlust and want to travel as often as I can.
- Games of Thrones, The Mindy Project, Grey’s Anatomy, Bates Motel, Teen Mom/Teen Mom 2, and The Voice are just a few of the TV shows I love.
- Harry Potter lover! Anyone else team Ravenclaw?
- I have a special spot for Beetlejuice. Not sure why but I do.
- The 90s was literally the best and if everything I watched as a kid came back, I’d be happy. My kids will be raised as 90s kids! haha
- Score music is my life. I have a playlist called Epic that consists of nothing but score and instrumental music.
- Lights make me happy. My room is full of them and it’s another reason why I love the holidays because everything is covered in lights!
- I have a lot of fun facts and can give facts about random things. Still wondering if this is a good skill to have…
Well I think that’s enough about me. If you would like to know more, feel free to ask! 😀
Being a photographer is an awesome thing! However, it can be rather a struggle at times. For all my photogs reading this, I know you can relate to these struggles! Whether it is dealing with clients or camera issues, I am sure you have experienced these before.
- Pricing on photo sessions. When it comes to determining how much to charge for a session, a lot of photographers struggle with not being too high priced but not charging what they are worth. And people will tell you if you are too high. But the thing is, photographers do a lot when it comes to photographing, and the price often incorporates the editing that happens as well. And God forbid you raise your prices, people freak!
- Taking too many photos. It is inevitable. At least a few times in your photographic career you will make the mistake in taking too many photos than you actually need. How is it possible to only be photographing for 2 hours and end up with over 600 photos? It happens to the worst of us.
- “Friends and Family” discount. Sometimes we will cut our family and friends slack and offer to do the photos for free or at a reduced rate, which is fine. This differs from photographer to photographer. But suddenly you have “friends” and “family members” coming to you for free photos when you barely speak to each other. Everyone wants a discount or freebie but after getting asked a lot, it can become quite annoying.
- Having no decent photos of you. It happens because you are the one behind the camera and usually are the only one in your group who actually has an eye for photos. You go on a trip and all your friends have these amazing photos that you can’t wait to edit and they can’t wait to post on Instagram but when it comes time for you, your photos are blurry or have no personality. Or worse case, you only have a selfie. This is when hanging out with other photogs comes in handy.
- Expensive profession. Did I mention photographers and videographers are the most expensive artists in the art world? Why, you ask? Because our jobs rely heavily on our equipment and every day there seems to be newer cameras and lenses and gadgets to buy. So many of us struggle with balance and budgeting if we really need that new Canon Mark 7D or that 35mm lens or be smart and save. There never seems to be enough money in the world for all the camera equipment I wish to buy.
- Clients telling you how to do your job. This happens where the client does not have faith in your job as a photographer. Perhaps they should be taking the photos instead of you so you can critique them. Obviously this is my job and I am skilled at it so you don’t have to worry if I am getting the entire background or if I took photos of the details of your party.
- Wanting to travel for the sake of taking your camera on an adventure. You want to travel the world and see its beauty. But you may also see a place and immediately think of your camera and all the amazing photos you can take or new ways to challenge yourself. I always say if I can’t take my camera, I don’t want to go!
- Lugging around a lot of equipment. A trip to the beach can result in bringing 4 different lenses and other gadgets for your camera. Because we go to places with the vision of what we want to shoot and never want to miss an opportunity to capture something or someone.
- Missing lens caps. Do I really need to go deeper into this? The never ending cycle of loosing lens caps is something we all struggle with. Why do they go missing? The world will never know.
- Protecting the camera at all costs. You would rather yourself get rained on than your camera. Or would rather you break your arm than the camera breaking. As long as the camera stays alive and is well, you really don’t care what happens to you!
- You become the designated photographer. At every event, outing, or trip, you are responsible for capturing the moments. Sometimes it makes it harder for us to be a part of the moments because we are ensuring everyone else is being captured. We forget that we too deserve to take a break behind the lens and enjoy life.
- It is addicting! Photography is very addicting. I can look behind my lens forever. Once it enters the bloodstream, it is hard to get rid of. It becomes a way of life and a part of your identity. I can’t live without photography and frankly wouldn’t want to.
If you have any other struggles of being a photographer, let me know and I will update this list!
Hey, y’all! I know I made promise to blog more but life got rather busy and hectic since my last post. It is a new year and I am ready to move forward and hopefully get more posts in!
So, after my bad break up and embarking on my new adventure, I landed a job as a preschool photographer for Lifetouch Preschool Portraits. It was a great experience and I have been called back for another season. But I also decided to start my own YouTube channel, It’s Just Me, Ti. It has been a great start to something new and I have actually been enjoying it! I have been working a lot on my photography business, which is coming along slowly but surely! I have a lot of exciting things coming up and a few firsts but I am excited.
But on November 15, 2016, I got into a bad car accident on my way to work. It was a very scary experience but I am blessed and thank God for getting me through it. I am doing okay now besides the back and hip pains. I am limited on movement, not like I was in the beginning but I am doing much better. I am ready to continue the healing process and move forward in regaining my physical capabilities.
I hope your 2016 was not as bad as mine and I hope you are looking to the many great adventures coming in 2017, even if Donald Trump is becoming president (a blog post will be written about that soon!). I am back and ready to share my experiences with you all. For more fun adventures, follow my channel!
Until then, have a blessed weekend! 😀